A compilations of A Return To Loveliness posts from A Delight Life.
Victoria Magazine
Where I look for inspiration
A lovely time for me is when I have spread around me
the current month’s issues of Victoria

I gaze over the covers – to get a hint of what’s inside
I review their indexes to find their hidden treasures,
then I begin to choose those topics that at the time suit my fancy.


Today it is an intriguing article on filling your day with fragrance
It can be found in the January 1994 issue.
Perfumer Sharon Ackland  noted that every hour of the day
deserves its scented moment.
Could you imagine filling each moment of your day with certain
fragrances to awaken to, a mid-morning stretch, an afternoon break,
late-day refresher, relaxing evening, and to close the day with a fragrant bath.
Sharon shares her knowledge of flower’s fragrance and herbs to
list a suggested recipe for each.
Here are Sharon’s recipes to fragrance her days:
Upon Rising


Using a fragrance diffuser
Pep



A Mid Morning Stretch

Rosemary or Lavender tea
Balsamic Facial Steam
Thyme
Rub Down
12 drops juniper
Spruce
Or
Birch to
one ounce canola oil
Afternoon Office Break

Cotton ball
Dab temples and back of neck with
Distilled water, ethyl alcohol
Oils of peppermint
Sage and basil
Late Day Refresher

Herbal fruit Punch
Cucumber
Orange
Mint
Barrage
Burnet
Steeped in apple juice
Allow to steep two or three days
Strain off herbs
An Evening’s Ease


Incense of
Frankinsense and Myrrh
Or a mixture of
Cardamom
Sandalwood
Cinnamon
And Myrrh
With
Gum Arabic and
Oils of Musk
Ambergris
Labdanum
Spikenard
To Bathe in Beauty

5 to 15 drops of
Lavender
Or
Chamomile
Or
Steam herbs of
Calendula flowers
Violet leaves
Jasmine
Rose petals
Orange peel
~~~~~
Also by Sharon Ackland
I have been spurred to learn more about
the therapy of fragrance in herbs and flowers.
I am also working on not letting my days
get away from me -
so I am compiling a calendar
of ideas, hints and suggestions for the month.
January is done - but, I am including it for future use.