A compilations of A Return To Loveliness posts from A Delight Life.


In The Heart of Winter



We find solace found by the hearth-drawn by the fire, which creates a cozy space for us to draw pleasures from creating, reading and taking tea.


“Where glowing embers through the room teach light to counterfeit a gloom…”
John Milton “Il penseroso”


In the 1991 January issue of Victoria Magazine we are comforted and drawn like a moth to the flame as we view page after page of heart-warming photos of comforting hearths.


Do you dine by fireside? Our home’s fireplaces are in great need of repair, but we can create the illusion of fire through lit candles grouped before the fireplace.




Lingering over a tea and enjoying delicious treats by fireside is a wonderful occupation to enjoy during the cold winter months.


“Now stir the fire and close the shutters fast, Let fall the curtains, wheel the sofa round, and while the bubbling and loud-hissing urn throws up a steamy column, and the cups, that cheer…wait on each, So let us welcome peaceful evening in”.
William Cowper, “The Winter Evening”


Today, I am sharing with you a new treat I have acquired.
This petite rose-covered tea-for-one set drew my heart when I saw it.



When it arrived at my home in its exquisite Tiffany -Blue colored box, 
I knew I was in for a treat.



There carefully wrapped was my new tea-time friend.
Sweetly and generously rounded this tea-for-one set has classic lines.



Covered from top to bottom with sprays of pink roses and gold filigree on the handles and top this set is sure to please my heart each time we come together.




I have prepared a delightful Chai Spice-Pecan cake
(recipe to come later this week)
 for my husband and it is perfect for tea time.


A simple- refined cup of Earl Grey is the perfect complement to this fragrant cake.




Tea time by fire’s glow – Victoria Magazines by my side – 
I will be lingering  a long time savoring each moment.








Wishing you a most Delightsome week,