A compilations of A Return To Loveliness posts from A Delight Life.

A Return to Loveliness

In The Tender Heart 
of the Year

Filling Your Home with
Happiness
Tranquility
Serenity

In its timeless manner, Victoria Magazine has over the years inspired in us the fine art of homemaking. I believe that a home reflects the heart of the woman.


Recently, my brother noted that my daughter has completely changed her newly-wed home. 
She is placing her feminine stamp upon it -


together she and her new husband have made a home
filled with color and with things that she has begun to collect.


"Some people like to make a little garden out of life"
jean Anouilh

Home


"The idea of beauty is simplicity and tranquility"
Goethe


In my home I attempt to bring a sense of welcome
and of comfort. I have baskets filled with blankets, 
decorative pillows strewn throughout.


I love to create seating groups and places
of contemplation.


I fill each room with pieces I love, collectibles and family
treasures.


We have a cabinet filled to the brim with board games
awaiting the chance to challenge the previous winner
to another game.


Pitchers of lemonade and tea are always available as well
as fresh fruits, cheeses and cookies.
I want my home to say,
"Come in! You're Welcome!
Sit...and let's talk a while"
I find a lot of inspiration within the pages of 
Victoria Magazine - both classic and current.
They are my treasures too.


Thank you for your visit
no matter what your decorating style
I know
you share jane Austin's sentiments,

"I am excessively fond of a cottage; there is always so much comfort, so much elegance about them. And I protest, if I had any money to spare, I should buy a little land and build one myself, within a short distance of London, where I might drive myself down at any time, and collect a few friends about me and be happy. I advise everybody who is going to build, to build a cottage."






Thank you so much for your visit. You brighten my day!