A compilations of A Return To Loveliness posts from A Delight Life.

A Return to Loveliness

Springtime with Victoria


In the March issues of Victoria we are transported to times
and places that fill and feed our hearts.



We are given visions of English gardens and homes.
We are delighted by chintz, by cuisine and by poetry.


One such poet celebrated by Victoria in the 1993 issue
was William Wordsworth.












We can be transported by art, by music and by words.
Wordsworth viewed his world and put to words images
that speak to our hearts - that transport us - 

'All things that love the sun are out of doors' from "Resolution and Independence"

we fly over the hills and valleys of England
and with Wordsworth - we dance with the daffodils.





I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd, 
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way, 
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of the bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced; but the
Out-did the sparkling wave in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed-and gazed-but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye,
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And daces with the daffodils.
William Wordsworth













Did Wordsworth see the same vistas of stone walls,
shadowy valleys, cloud strewn skies as are still visible
today in England. 

William Wordsworth's home Rydal

Oh, to be in England was a frequent call 
in March's Victoria issues. Through Victoria
we are able to view timeless scenery that may
have remained the same from Wordsworth's time.



Travel along with me from the comfort of your home.
Imagine the time and the place as Wordsworth
shares his impressions through words.











Travel along with me from the comfort of your home.












Imagine the time and the place as Wordsworth
shares his impressions through words.








In honor of Victoria's ode to England
and to Wordsworth, I sat leisurely
glancing through March's Victorias
while enjoying a delicious cup of black tea
with cucumber sandwiches, red grapes, a
wedge of soft cheese and a square of fudge.
All on my yellow chintz Queen's Find Bone China.
I gazed at the daffodils picked from my garden and
at the strong winds sweeping through the trees
and over my garden. A storm is coming - 
it is the last day of February and we're to
have a thunderstorm. 


In my home, I am calmed and comforted by
well-thought out words, beautiful pictures,
a Delightsome repast and the assurance 
in knowing that in all things God is in control.