A compilations of A Return To Loveliness posts from A Delight Life.


Monday Morning Meditations 

and the week ahead


After Dearest and Darling Daughter have gone their separate ways, after 
setting the sprinkler in the garden, after starting the first load of laundry, I
 pour myself a cup of tea and sit on the front porch. Listening. The sound 
of the sprinkler is very soothing and the birds are singing away.

a busy little House Wren taking care of a nest full of baby birds

I try to ignore the sound of the traffic. We live on the edge of town and 
just before our home the speed limit changes and trucks make horrendous 
noises as they brake and attempt to slow down.


Serenity to begin the week is what I seek. The remains of the weekend lie 
from room to room in my home - I will set things to right momentarily. Lists 
are beginning to form in my head of 'The Most Important Things To Do' daily 
and weekly. I am a list maker and love checking things off as I go. I shove them 
aside for the moment. I want to focus on preparing my heart and mind for 
what may lie ahead this week. Proverbs 3:5-7 has been going through my thoughts.


'TRUST in the LORD with all thine heart; and LEAN NOT unto thine own 
understanding. In all thy ways ACKNOWLEDGE him, and he shall direct thy paths'.


Also, similar verses have blended in, Psalm 37:3- 'TRUST in the LORD, and 
do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed. DELIGHT
thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give the desires of thine heart. COMMIT
thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he
 shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. 
REST in the LORD, and WAIT patiently for him: FRET NOT thyeself because 
of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked 
devices to pass. CEASE from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in 
any wise to do evil'....

the little House Wren's home and babies live in the basket hanging on
our front door

The weekend was filled with both good and not so good things. I think we
 women want to fix and make things better for others. It is not always within 
our power. So, my thoughts are drawn to these verses their key words and phrases.


Trust - do I completely trust God in all things -
Acknowledge - do I acknowledge God in all my ways...what do I need to
 give over to Him?
Lean - do I try to make sense of everything...to make all things right myself 
or completely lean on God
Delight - Do I delight in God in everything in my life
Commit - am I committed to whatever God has planned for my life
 and for those I love
Rest - I think that is a one of the most overlooked things we need to do. 
We cannot comprehend life well if we don't give proper time to rest.
Wait - waiting is one of the most difficult things to do - but it is necessary 
- if we trust...
Fret Not -  worrying about anything is harmful to our health and doesn't make
 things come to pass any quicker or easier
Cease - what am I or have I been doing that was not correct -


These things are on my mind this morning as I attempt to rest before beginning 
the week - to put those things behind and to press forward for the week ahead.


My thoughts shift to Colossians 3:12 -
Now..."Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved bowels 
of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long-suffering; Forbearing 
one another and forgiving one another if any man have a quarrel against any even
 as Christ forgave you so also do ye. And above all these things put on charity,
 which is the bond of perfectness. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, 
to the which also yea are called in one body, and be ye thankful'.



My heart and mind are rested and settled on the LORD. The list of things to do
 can come to the fro now...I can take on daily tasks, errands and events with the
 knowledge I am secure in Him -


time alone in the garden with my LORD is a wonderful way to begin the week.